Monday, January 7, 2013

This Is My Life 2013

I had so much fun a couple of years ago with Project 365. It encouraged me to get in the habit of carrying my camera and taking pictures. I sort of got out of that habit, and I think it's time to revisit it. So I'm going to play again. Project 365 - take a photo a day. Doesn't matter of what, just do it. At the end of a year, you'll have a documented record of one year of your life. 

Last time I played, I did my own alter to the idea and instead of scrapping one page of 7 photos each week, I took one photo from the week and scrapped that. Apparently, it was not an idea that was unique to me, because now the project has various other options. In addition to Project 365, there is a Project 52, and a Project 12.

I'm going with the Project 52 option, same as last time, only I'm committed to the photo a day.

This is my cover page layout for my Project 2013 Album. The photo was taken New Year's Day, early morning, and these three are waiting on me to feed them. That's the story of my life - somebody's always wanting something.

For the past four years, I've taken my January 1 photograph of the morning sunrise, but this year, the skies were overcast and there was only a gradual lightening of the grey gloom. I hope that doesn't say anything about the upcoming year, but I think I'll choose to focus my thoughts on the look of hope and expectancy on the faces of my three equine companions. Maybe they know something I don't.

From left to right : Buddy, Java, and Charlie



The basic design for this came from the Nuts About Sketches sketch #247.

I used several challenges at Scrapbook.com to help the thinking process flow.  The color scheme was from an old Design Seeds color palette.  Those colors really do look beautiful together, and I'm so happy that my album is off to such a beautiful start.

No comments: