Anyway - the first challenge was to create a milti-dimensional embellishment. We had to start with a die cut and then turn that into a usable embellishment using at least two art mediums. Then we had to display that embellie on a finished project.
Man. Talk about creative fun!
Here's what I came up with for my little embellishment.
I cut out a bird from the Tim Holtz birdcage die, along with two wings. Then I covered those with modeling paste, which I textured to look like feathers. When it was dry, I puddled some shimmer mists onto my craft mat and applied them to my bird with a paintbrush, also adding some Lindy's mica powders to REALLY bump up the shine. I used a distress marker for the beak, and I added just a tiny drop of dimensional paint to a black bling for the eye. The flowers are from the Tim Holtz tattered flower mini strip, inked with Victorian Velvet ink, then dabbed with glossy accents and dipped in glitter. The base is cut from a Stampin'Up die, it's just chipboard covered with paper. Then I used a Tattered Angels stamp, clear embossed it, and covered it with Iced Spuce ink.
I kept my layout project simple. I plan to use it as a teaching project, and I know that class time will be taken up with creating the embellishment and flowers, so there will be little time for much else besides paper cutting and distressing.
It's also going to be a two page layout - something I don't do very often - so that's why it's a little lopsided to the right.
The photos are from last summer when Tom and I went to Taos. I'm in the basket - second from the left, and yes, I was PETRIFIED! It took a while for me to relax and enjoy the ride, but once I got into it, I have to admit that it was really fun. Definitely a once in a lifetime kind of thing. I'm glad we did it.
The right side of this project is still on my craft desk. I'm trying to get it finished this weekend!