Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hello 2013

My friend Rick has been posting some sunset photos on facebook.  Boy has he got an incredible view!  His photos are awesome, and they've inspired me to resurrect my Sunrise Series for 2013.  

Here's a little background.  

Every morning I go outside and sit on The Church Of The Back Porch And A Cup Of Coffee.  My backyard faces east, towards the sunrise, and I find it peaceful and calming to start the day watching the dawn colors creep across the horizon and gradually spill across the sky.  It warms my soul and encourages my meditation time with my Creator.  There's just something about the fresh and new potential of the new day which spreads out before you full of hope and endless possibilities.   

Not every sunrise is spectacular, and not every morning has one.  This new year dawned covered in clouds and fog and gloom at my house.  But I have created the habit of taking a photo of each and every morning at my house.  And those photos are archived on my photo disks by month, day, and year.  

For 2013, I'd like to invite you to join my Sunrise Seires Meditation time.  I'll pick a sunrise of the week for each week and post it to share with you.  Eventually, these will end up in a scrapbook album somewhere I'm sure.  


Here's the thought I usually find myself meditating about...  The next time a sunrise or sunset steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way.  Say nothing, and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it?  I did it just for you."  


That's just overwhelming, that the God and Creator of the entire universe cares enough about ME to paint my world with beautiful color in the morning, just so I'll be encouraged to start my day with happiness and hope.  

Here's Sunrise #1.  Taken Sunday morning.  New Year's Eve.  



No comments: