Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Java Builds Fence

Right now, I'm having the pasture fences reworked.  

When I was raising appaloosas, I needed several smaller pastures.  I needed a separate paddock for the stallion, for the in-foal mares, for mares and babies, and for the sale prospects.  But now that I've closed the business, there's no reason to have so many pasture spaces.  

So my handyman is ripping out old posts, restringing fencelines to square, and clearing out the last of the trees and brush on the north end of the property.   The final plan will be three big pastures - two that make a rough U around the house and a third at the back of the property.  It's a huge project, and I'm thankful that I've found a handyman who is willing to do it - but more importantly, willing to do it right.  It should be done by this spring!

Java thought she would help John build the fence.  Mostly she just got in the way.  



No comments: