Friday, February 24, 2012

A Pile of Coincidences

Yesterday, I found this photo in my jewelry box of all places, while I was digging for a necklace.  I'm not sure what it was doing in there; I thought it was in the family photo album.  I didn't think too much about it, figured it had teleported itself there with a request.  Scrap me!  Scrap ME!  So I grabbed it, scanned it, cropped it, resized it, and printed it off.  Just in case, you know? 


Well, as it turned out, I was also scheduled to work yesterday at my Local Scrapbook Store.  Now I don't normally work on Thursdays.  My classes are usually Tuesdays and Saturdays, and I have a standing work schedule for every other Wednesday as well.  And I wouldn't have been working yesterday either, except the boss and store manager have gone to quilt camp for the weekend.  There was a class going on last night - with Miss Sarah - so someone had to be available to cover the store and customers.  Pick me!  Pick ME! 


I hadn't signed up to take the class, and it was full so there weren't any kits left.  Darn - it was a super cute page too!  But I was there and the the project sample was ... right there ... begging.  Lift me.  Lift ME! 


It was just a matter of figuring out which paper to use.  And as it turned out, this Simple Stories Elementary paper line had just come in.  Choose me!  Choose ME! 


Talk about a load of coincidences - right?  So I managed not only to feature the store's new paper line, I got a wonderful had-forgotten-all-about-it photograph scrapped.  And to add to the fun - I got paid for playing!  Man, it just doesn't get any better than that! 

No comments: